Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Scenic Waters

For a guy who doesn't know how to swim, I sure do enjoy being on and around bodies of water.  It's been that way since I picked up my first fishing pole, probably before I ever entered school.  My older cousins loved to fish and I remember getting to tag along with them.  It's a wonder they didn't toss me in to MAKE me learn how to swim!


I do not fish much anymore, but still enjoy it once in a great while and still enjoying hanging around the shorelines.


Here are a few of my favorite scenic water-related photos for, hopefully, your enjoyment.


Oregon Coast.  I think that is Seal Island out in the distance.


Looking south from Seal Island along the Oregon Coast.


Rialto Beach, Washington


Crescent Lake, Washington


Cumberland Falls, Kentucky


Lake Cumberland, Kentucky


Marblehead Lighthouse, Lake Erie, Ohio


Behind my house.
A stream that empties into Alum Creek, Columbus, Ohio.


Hocking Hills, Ohio











3 comments:

  1. Absolutely beautiful! Makes me want to travel ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Serene. Scenic. Ethereal. You really have a heart for these by-the-shoreline inspirational views. Lake Erie for instance never fails to give out the music that is the flowing water, and also houses a plethora of wildlife. These places are quite perfect for reflection, inspiration, and even retirement, I would say.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very poetically put, Neil. Thank you for your kind comments.

    ReplyDelete