Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Lost Balls

One day, when caught without a camera, I came upon a rather large blue ball with a willowy cloud pattern that ran throughout it.  This in itself isn't anything peculiar, but the fact that this large blue ball was sitting in the middle of a farmer's vibrant green wheat field and was back-dropped by a cloudless blue sky was.  How did the ball get there?  Where did it come from?  Was it missed by some young child?  I came to the rather brilliant deduction that this ball was quite plainly lost.  Yes, it was surly a Lost Ball.   I find it rather strange that when a person notices an event such as this for the very first time, that they become more aware of similar occurrences as they continue on with their daily life. You know what I mean. You never new there were so many white Honda Accords on the road. That is, until you bought yours. Then every time you pulled into a mall parking lot there they were, waiting for your arrival for some kind of Import Reunion.

Thus it is for me and lost balls. I find them all over the place, and I don't really look for them. They are just there, and I am aware of them. I am starting to see so many in fact that I am beginning to wonder; "Are they really lost.. or are they perhaps..... actually escaping?"

Here are some of the Lost Balls that I've recently met and have been fortunate enough to have had my camera. When I find a lost ball, I have one rule and one rule only. I NEVER disturb or remove it. The last thing I want to do is prevent that lone Lost Ball from completing it's journey. Enjoy.


Stratford Road, Delaware, Ohio


Alum Creek State Park, Corner of Cheshire Rd & Africa Rd


In the back yard of a cabin in Southern Ohio.  Poor ball didn't escape the mower blades!


On the beach of Alum Creek State Park just south of Cheshire Rd


In a culvert along St. Rt 36/37 west of Delaware, OH





3 comments:

  1. I love it Bud! Great design as well ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great story Babe and I love the picture at the top of the page.

    *you know who*

    ReplyDelete
  3. To post a comment, you have to click the preview button first. Clicking "post comment" won't work.

    ReplyDelete