Saturday, February 18, 2012

Afternoon at Dillon Lake

Barbara and I went over to Dillon State Park this afternoon for a short poke 'n hike trip. We cut through the woods on a trail behind the campgrounds and then dropped onto the shore of the lake. It was windy and cold there, but was very much enjoyable.



On our way out of the woods.



Down on the shore of Dillon Lake.



"LOOK!! A lost ball!" (Focus, Click... Focus, Click... Focus, Click)  "Oh. Wait a second. Never mind. It's a Black Walnut."



I'm not sure, but I "think" these are called "Japanese Mystery Snails". I am still Googling them for positive ID. Regardless, they are the biggest freshwater snails I've ever seen in Ohio!





Just a newly beached Shad. I was just digging all of the contrasts of colors and textures, as usual.









No comments:

Post a Comment