Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Amish Country Pics

Today was a day off from work, so Barbara and I drove over to Berlin, Ohio which is considered the heart of Amish Country. For January 10th, the weather was awesome!  Below are a few of the photos that I took today.



I really like this bright magenta colored wood door surrounded by the rough, earthy colored stones. The deep shadows helped to give this photo some nice dimension. 


Here is an exercise in getting two photos from the same subject. The photo above is a cropped shot of the gate to a farm wagon. The photo below is the same gate, only I moved in and just shot the interesting bolt-latch. For me, both work equally well although I am more partial to the bottom one.





Here is yet another example of the "two-from-one" concept. This time, the subject is the side rails of a hay wagon. Once more, both work well but again, I favor the more tight framed photo at the bottom. The nice blue sky helps this photo a lot!





And of course, one can't go into Amish Country without taking at least one photo of a horse and buggy. Here's mine.




No comments:

Post a Comment