Sunday, January 2, 2011

Trip to the Farm

Probably one of my most favorite places to take photos is out on a farm somewhere.
Over by the city of Lithopolis there is Slate Run Historical Farm.  It is a working 1880s farm where you can go and watch the people farm like they did way back then.  Unfortunately, it is past "tourist" season so the 2 guys there today were just making sure the chores got done.  Below are a few of my favorite photos from today's journey.


Probably my favorite one of the day.  I like the contrast in colors AND the contrast in textures.


Close up of the spout on the old wooden water pump.


Again, color, texture and contrast.  Makes a pleasing shot.


Old metal wheel of some kind.


Hey, ya can't go to a farm without stopping to say "Hello!" to the pigs!


Sugargum Tree.  When I seen it, I immediately thought that it was nature's Christmas ornaments.






No comments:

Post a Comment